Application domain: evaluated software measurement
Software evaluation with SOFT-AUDITOR [Sfta94] refers to the data model of a software project. SOFT-AUDITOR defines three types of metrics describing quantity, quality and complexity attributes of the code. Primarily, the measurement results serve as control for the estimations done with SOFT-CALC. On the other hand they may be used as data base for SOFT-MESS for a detailed interpretation. After the invocation of the static analysis SOFT-AUDITOR executes sequentially the following processes:
- preprocessing of the source code:
integration of include-files, evaluation of compiler directives
- setting of the test options:
The user selects the objects to be measured and specifies a list of metrics. The predefined empirical maximum and minimum values of the metrics can be modified.
- consistency test and metrics application:
The results are summarized in a deficiency report and a metrics report.
- export of the evaluation results for further processing with SOFT-MESS.
Supported Languages: Assembler, COBOL (COBOL-74, COBOL-85, DELTA/COBOL), PL/1, NATURAL-2
- software evaluation based on the specification (SOFT-CALC)
- modifiable experience data base